Monday, October 15, 2007

WE WILL CHANGE THE WORLD!

HELPING

One rainy evening, I saw myself alone in my room drinking tea. As I was about to sleep, I close my eyes, I gaze into the world fueled by my imagination.

Instantly, I saw the “balut vendor” with her umbrella still roaming in this average subdivision hoping to sell more. I saw children shivering. I saw the homeless seeking refuge on open waiting sheds. I saw people coughing and sneezing. I have seen many families happily feasting with rice, dried fish and nothing more. I have seen jeepney drivers, roaming around the city striving to earn more. I have seen street children peacefully sleeping on rags.

Then, back to reality, I have seen the necessity of helping others. While I am enjoying everything I have from simple up to the complex matters even just the roof under my head, others are just around the corner waiting for help. It is so funny that, I can not see regret in this people. They smile even up to the extreme level of depression. No wonder, why we were regarded as one of the happiest people in the world.

In this yuletide season, may we help the unfortunate. May we share the blessings that we have. May we give the excess things we have at home.

Old clothing, toys and books can make a difference. A loose change or donations can do.

The world needs a change and we can change it. A simple proper waste management can minimize if not stop global warming. It can be a way of giving back what is due to our mother nature.

Get a life! Plant hope. Those who are not hoping are already lost in this game.

Really, we can change the world!

These are some of the pictures, I took by myself.

BARE NAKED. A toddler in his bare birthday suit seems accustomed and comfortable to what his parents regard as his usual day. Rising child welfare advocates aims to extend help to children like him who often spend time in dirty streets playing naked with a little access to clean water, nutritious food and other basic necessities.

SWEATING IT OUT. Since vacation time, Jomar and Lino used to enjoy working and playing together mostly in dirty slums unearthing things out from everybody’s garbage barefooted and using their bare hands as a way of earning money to buy school supplies for the in coming school year.

IN HIS EYES. The contents of his pockets are often left emptied. This boy, always doubtful for his meal, resorts to digging thrash and quitting school as an assurance.


THRASH IN EXCHANGE FOR CASH. After an entire day of asking and digging for others’ awful thrash, this lad admits that he is exceptionally fortunate after gathering a bag half-filled of thrash in exchange for just a few coins which is an inconvenient way to survived the day.


YOUNG WORKERS. These boys, who think that going to school is just a mere wish, spend their time collecting bottles, plastics, old newspapers and scrap iron as a living. Here, a boy is caught up carrying his recent sequestered broken plastic chair.


PURE AND NATURAL. As young as he is, this cheerful boy who considers every street as his home, learns to be happy and contented of what he has no matter how little it is. It’s worth capturing this little boy’s smile, so pure and natural.





No comments: