Thursday, October 11, 2007

Super MArio player

The Evolution of SUPER MARIO

How technology has changed the amusement and games industry. When I was in prep, I already know how to operate and play “Super Mario” through the family computer. Our room became a hangout for me and my cousins. This became the reason why I became close to my cousins and a probable reason why I did not even have close neighbor friends.

My parents use this thing as a form of reinforcement. If I’ll top in school or as a birthday gift or if I had done a very good deed, then and there, I’ll be getting the latest version of this Family computer. All throughout, I got many of the versions. This is maybe because this thing doesn’t cost too much as compared to the x-box and the play station today.

Because I and my father, enjoyed playing this joystick thing, My parents decided to make it a business. Fortunately, it became a boom. This widens my knowledge on the field of computers. My cousins taught me about the lists of various “cheats” and “codes”. I don’t knew, how it happened but this thing has not become a problem with my studies. Maybe my mother, without my knowing, did a good job in monitoring me. All throughout, the only things that distract me with my studies is first, my hobby about breeding fishes and second, cell phone. Unfortunately, I learned my lesson the hard way.

But what surprised me is the evolution of gadgetry. While I was enjoying the simple family computer before, my sister in the same age today is still enjoying the company shared with Mario and Luigi but in a 3D mode via the internet. So the entertainment and escapement is heightened to another level.

I wonder how these two characters will evolved in the next years. How will my nieces and nephews will enjoy this game.

These two characters will just represent various characters enjoyed by both children and children-at-heart. I belong to the latter. J

This can be a sign that I am already a grown up. So does my cousins. I connect with them via the internet because of geographical barriers. I chat with my older cousin and told her about the site that offers free super Mario games in various version. So funny that she replied she finds it hard to play via the keyboard instead of the joysticks. It gives me a chuckle.

The addiction for computers is the same as any other types of addiction. This is habit forming and thus, needs to be minimized or counteracted. Up to know, I carry the trait of appreciating computers but fortunately, by His wisdom was able to use this little knowledge in appreciating the educating purpose of computers via the internet. Learning with this technology was made fun and easy. So fun! But sometimes, this does mean an exchange from a goodnight sleep. Yes, that is the advantage. The drawback would be a weak physical body. Because I spare my free time reading, researching, writing via this internet, I don’t exert too much effort exercising. Thanks to the four-level stairs at school that forcibly gives me a regular exercise. Life indeed needs to be balanced.


No comments: