Monday, December 10, 2007

Happy Birthday to you

A birthday to remember

Simple brithday preparation for my "kuripot" sister. Peace!

Tomorrow is the birthday of my sister. Wheeww…

Her birthday reminds me of the birthday I have before, five years ago. The event is as vivid as yesterday. My sister’s smooth and peaceful birthday is really a contradiction to what I have, seriously.

I was exactly a Junior High school then. Though my parents have planned a birthday celebration for me in an exclusive pool only for the event, at first I decided to keep my birthday as a secret. I want to spend it only with my closest friends and some relatives. But on the 25th hour, I suddenly changed my mind.

When my teacher announced right on my birth date that the school will hold a half day session only for some special reason which I can’t remember, then and there I was moved to invite some classmates. I first informed my closest friend about the celebration but unfortunately, she was so delighted that she stand in front of the class of course when the teacher walked out and announced about the event. Everyone was delighted of course.

I texted my mother and she ask the driver to pick us up and up up and away we were on our complete uniform walking on the pool side. Most of my classmates cannot resist the temptation that they forcedly asked some friends to borrow some clothings. What is fortunate is that it was P.E. day. We actually have our extra-clothings.

Since everybody was swimming, I did not notice the phone calls and messages I am receiving during that afternoon. Of course, my cell phone is totally stuck in my bag. I was only informed of the messages right only after we enjoyed swimming and eating and it was ohhhh, dark already.

Oh ilaw! The parents of my classmates were in total panic! Some got even informed the police about the where-abouts of there children. I can only imagine the clear view of parents and neighbors holding flashlights in dark high ways shouting the names of their children. Oh ilaw, again! I am tagging Sarah mae, rhea lou, et al. in particular.

The driver and I talk to the parents of course to partly explain the matter. Some got happy, some got not-so-happy. But luckily none got totally mad on me. The parents knew that it was their children who willfully got on the truck and join the company.

So, in general it was a very memorable experience. My parents, some neighbors and relatives were there to keep an eye on us. But the conflict rose when right after that day, I and the rest of my classmates as in the whole section became popular by that event. I don’t know.

As we walk down the hallways, I can hear people talking about us. The whole section got a warning from each teacher we have. I can still remember how their eyes pop out in anger, how their lips twitter with unending sermons and how they shudder in total consternation. Whack!!! Tsk.. tsk.. tsk..

Some of my classmates got happy about the publicity but I felt different. Oh my gulay, how can I be happy if I am the root of all this. The event was so popular, that the whole campus knows it and they know me and I don’t like it. Promise!

I laugh as I remember of how my birthday turned out to become “the most unforgettable experience” my classmates usually pointed out as an answer every time a teacher asks. Wheeww, it was five years ago but I am still sweating every time I try to remember it. But in general it was fun! Even if my high school teachers may totally disagree with me.


A look on the picture above brings into mind what i read in reader's digest before about the eating habits of different race. Without us knowing it as i classify somehow we are among those who have been assimilating the western eating habits. The foods that we have as you can see are mostly canned and are prepared instant. Even the filipino pancit for "long life" can't be found.

2 comments:

chelyn said...

Anyways, just earlier, dame and i had a talk about this post. There were some events which i have missed to write

The famous quotation from the parent of Christine Rodriguez "Saka sa taas."

ahahaha. It gives me a very good laugh.I was rolling on the floor laughing, indeed!

To those who can related with this post, pls. post as to preserve the memories. ahahaha. as if we have memories, my roller-coaster thinking strikes again, sorry.

chelyn said...

i mean "who can relate" instead of "who can related." Maybe because my head is telling me to review my "review of related literature." ahahaha, when will i get over this project... ahahaha. sana naman matapos agad.. ahahah, again. Oh, what a joy! salamat sa Amahan, for giving me all the reasons to SMILE!