Monday, November 5, 2007

ON WINNING AND LOSING

Sadly, the more awards I reaped, the lesser the number of true friends I kept. Jealousy and envy made sure that I lost all but the few genuine friends who really cared about me, the person. At such a young age, I learned that the top could be a very lonely place indeed.

If you really think about it, only losing can teach us to be truly humble. Only losing can make us reflect on what really matters most to us. And above all, losing builds our character in so many ways that winning can't.

In the end, it's not so much about how much we have won or lost, but how we have performed in this so-called game of life.

-Kathy. Winning and Losing (2007), Salamin.

Partly true, along the way I may stumble and fall but I do not want to get tired of looking on the goal, keep the focus and try hitting it the next time. There’s no retreat only rigid determination, discipline, preparation and of course, prayers.

Yes. I have seen how some of my friends get insecure, jealous and envy over me. It’s too irritating that makes me question If they are my friends why can’t they be happy of the blessings I’m receiving? Maybe their insecurities are filling their hearts in that they are blinded with it hoping to covet what I have. Another factor is that maybe they see you as a threat to their careers. This is the reason why sometimes we feel they are pulling as off.

But no matter what, for as long as I have the Father within in me, for certain, “I WILL NOT BACK OFF.” I WILL CONTINUE THIS GAME. SEE YOU AT THE END OF THE RACE. Good luck everybody. GO, ENDURE AND KEEP RUNNING! MOVE ON, DON’T STOP. As the mantra says, LOVE THE UNLOVABLES. I will really try and continually LOVE THE UNLOVABLES.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I admire your courage and determination! I rather find it encouraging that you still maintain your source of inspiration. We should not let cynicism make us lose sight of our goals in life. Good luck! :)