Monday, March 10, 2008

Subject-verb agreement

When is committing a mistake on subject-verb agreement pardonable?

I am guilty to this. An adage says that doing the same mistake twice or more than that is foolishness and considered stupidity. Is committing a mistake with my grammar makes me fall both to the first and to the latter? Oh no…

I’ve been studying both the simplicity and complexity of grammar since my elementary years. Most of my instructors are quite good with grammar.

Because they’re good and I always found myself receiving papers with red corrections due to my spelling and grammar insufficiencies, chunks of thoughts linger into my mind that I can not write. Even in my lower years, I choose to love mathematics and science and technology where my instructors focus on the thoughts I have about the magical and complex yet so simple subjects (oh, yes). Like when you’re so excited about a subject matter, a magic happens because you tend to forget about the grammar and your words tend to fly one by one as fast as superman.

I find a friend in the subjects of math and science. These are the subjects when no one argues everything I know about Einstein, about manipulating an equation and about researching for possible solutions to our on-going subject problems (which I already forgot how).

Some say I am weird, but what a fool of them. This is a reminder for me that I AM INDEED NORMAL. So what??? That only proves true that individuals are favorable agents and accomplices of deception, the weapon of the adversary.

This blog helps me forget about the notion that “I CANNOT WRITE.” It started when I got traumatized during my high school years on how I got very low scores in every essay question. No matter how I study and no matter how I memorize my book plus my notebook back to back from leaf to leaf, I still flank because of my grammar and spelling. I mean my grammar is not that disappointing but because every single mistake is considered a minus point and competition during our high school days is so harsh that committing single mistake would mean a substantial thing. It can mean another point which will enlist or not enlist me to the higher honor students.

How INSTRUCTORS become so HARSH sometimes. I only pray that they will not serve as the blockade of our dreams the same way as how Israel is blocking the food supply of Gaza people. Yes, its part of their job to train us with what they call “the harshness of the outside world.” But you need to understand that you should not use your profession to fuel us with negative thoughts and which will lead us to doubt our own selves especially to the high school and elementary students who most of the time thought that “MY TEACHER IS ALWAYS RIGHT. PERIOD.”

How teachers become so influential in the life of the students.

I am praying that those teachers who are teaching because of money not because they have the passion for their profession. Please wake up. As I am asking for the big heart to teach these students in the near future that I may not act the same way as the “Teachers whom I hate before.”

When you’re trying to write for something but with another topic lurking in the middle of your brain cells, this is what will happen. –A twisted content not parallel to the topic. I’m thinking that it is an art and I am not planning to rewrite it. =)

I find this post very insufficient. I'll update you my dear blog on how i found out that my hands are not meant to stitch skin, hold blood and slice bodies (yung doctor) the concrete plan i have when i was a child.

Note: I don’t mean my school today. I have a very happy disposition as to where I am enrolled today. I am writing in general terms, I can see that you are reading my words in disbelief.

Back to work.

2 comments:

sadako said...

Like you I never had any confidence in my writing skills. It was only when my mentors in the seminary told me that I have a knack inwriting. Biruin mo yun nauto ako haha. This is the reason why I am fond of blogging because I realized that I don't have to be afraid to write. I can make mistakes yet at the next post I can somehow correct them. parang life LOL.

chelyn said...

May tama ka.... You hit it right, "I don't have to be afraid to write," ito dapat yung attitude natin in writing. but still with an intention of making better and better and better hanggang maging best hanggang maging excellent. ehehe...salamat...

alam mo, sa pagkadami-daming projects sa school parang may mga hormones na automatic nag-a-activate para to cope up with deadlines, ayun unti-unting natuto how to write and is still continuing to learn.

dati ayaw na ayaw ko sa english pero at least ngayon may konting "heart" na sa mga pinag-gagawa ko. para naman maganda yung result, kasi out from the love of your heart...ayun..ciao.salamat sa pagdalaw sa pahinang ito...